2009/12/10

I have been going through old pictures lately ... here is an organic carrot grown
here in Vernon B.C.
It is cold- ice-lantern making weather- Sue is working on her
english assignments, Jasper is home with a sick stomach,I am putzing about
doing housework and making a new birdhouse for the dining room.
No pots yet- the studio can be made warm enough but there always seems to
be something alse to do- I guess it is not my straight ahead focus. Today I began reading about the life and death of Crazy Horse - trying to figure in where my ancestors were in around those times...also a book about the Metis, the marriages of Hudson Bay workers with the Native woman so many years ago (again, twice in my family tree).
There have been christmas concerts of the kids and shopping about for the gifts requested by them...with me grudgingly participating. I always struggle with this season.
I read a lot of Christopher Alexanders books this autumn- amazing books on building and designing in "a living way". Very influential to me. There is a move to design the future of Vernons downtown district and I would like to participate but think my thoughts and process would be too radical to be of assistance.. though I tried to talk it up a bit with the ones in charge of the process a few weeks back.
I have to drain and distribute the ice lanterns soon- started a dozen the other night with the kids helping in a minus 20 spell- they have been out for a few days now and are about right.
I will post pics when I get a camera handy.. I broke our camera this fall when I was bumped and dropped it....oops!
Probably why I am going thru old pictures!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: