2008/12/13

Well it has been a busy week, I went to Izas' class and did pinch pots with the kids... and of course the range of what they do is amazing. I did not want them to do anything besides a little pinch bowl...and some had a hard time doing this, just not able to focus on the simplicity of it and wondering if it was the best or second best or other such qualitative comparison making...
Meanwhile a very quiet girl asked if I would help her make a spout,which I did...and then before I knew it she had added a handle and a lid ! A very shy girl, almost silent towards me.
And then another friend wanted to have a little lesson with her visiting friend from Netherlands, so okay..
Along with a bunch of bowls that did not fit the anagama last Thanksgiving- I loaded the electric kiln and easily fired a cone 6 load which I was very happy with..a glaze made with local clay looks as nice as a Hagi (cone10) that I have favored for years. And it was so easy..it was a revelation and reminder how easy it can be, and how I want it to be.
I had glazed and refired some anagama tea bowls with success too.
Nice to have some pots for gifting.

No comments: